ATEG Archives

April 2009

From:
DD Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:28:37 -0500
At 02:28 PM 4/11/2009, John Dews-Alexander wrote:
>. . . what do you do when the poster's rude behavior and insistence
>on saturating the list with his opinion (an unscholarly one at that,
>likely to confuse many who come to this list for guidance) reach the
>limit of most participants' patience?

DD: I just hit my delete button. If it happens too often I use my
e-mail filter to shunt the undesired to junk. Works in Eudora and I
suspect the same filtering is available in other e-mail programs.
Haven't seen the need to filter in this list, though. What some seem
to hate, I enjoy. But then I am a grammatical dilettante and frivolous, too.

>I've asked this before to no avail -- does this list have a
>moderator? Does ATEG's listserv have any regulations at all or any
>effort at moderation. I'm not asking about censorship rules per se,
>but Web-based forums surely must have some kind of content and topic
>moderation as well as user decorum and behavior guidelines, right?

DD: Well I belong to the infamous norules list, which means exactly
that. I own the latinofftop list which also is no rules. Seldom have
any complaints, but then most of our members are computer canny.
However, most lists do mandate some restriction on topics and
manners. I don't know about this one. Don't really care, as I can
handle offenders, myself.