ATEG Archives

September 2007

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:06:30 -0400
It's not a matter of whether but of how much.  The old fashioned ditto sheet drill, like I wallowed in learning Classical Greek as an undergraduate, teaches one to do ditto sheet drills.  The large body of methodological research in SLA points quite clearly to the conclusion that contextually rich language lessons that replicate natural use are much more effective than drill and practice.

Herb