ATEG Archives

August 2012

From:
Jan Kammert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:16:21 -0400
Geoff,
This seems especially true to me because in my state (and I've heard in
other states also) 25% of a teacher's evaluation will be based on how
well her students did on the end of year test.

But schools will no longer have to make Annual Yearly Progress.  The
school as a whole will get no consequence, but the teacher will.
Jan

Quoting Geoffrey Layton <[log in to unmask]>:
  As should be evident, these are not "standards" or "objectives" with
any other pedagogical or educational relevance but only part of a CYA
document that can be used to pass blame on to others (i.e., teachers).
Politicians and administrators can say, "Well, we did the heavy lifting
of putting together this wise, sound document, which we know to be
wise and sound because we did it."

Geoff Layton