ATEG Archives

July 2006

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:14:54 -0400
Phil,
   I don't think for a moment that using "word classes" would imply
anything about 2,000 plus years of scholarship. I doubt that anyone
would find it remarkable at all. It's a set of classifications for
words.
   I think you're all alone on this argument. I appreciate your passion,
but I think the consensus is on the other side.
   If a publisher balks on an issue like this, then they are a foolish
publisher.

Craig

It simply does not restrict the definition to utterances.  It never has;