ATEG Archives

February 2001

From:
Katy Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:50:08 -0600
Geoff,
Your approach sounds valid.  But I do think that understanding the system
of the language is a tool that could serve students well.  I teach Spanish
as well as English.  I found it much easier to learn a second language
becuase I understood how my native language operates.  Not teaching grammar
deprives students  of important insights that they can use to learn other
things.

Katy Perry
Tartan High School
Oakdale, MN