ATEG Archives

April 2006

From:
"Hadley, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 17:10:02 -0500
Two things:

1. To Kathleen and others who are having this problem:

Dave Sawyer, our treasurer, handles our subscriptions and therefore our mailing list. If you didn't get a copy of the journal this time it is because your name was not on the mailing list that Dave sent me. I think the simplest approach would be for you to contact Dave directly ([log in to unmask]) to see why your name is not on the list. This will be the fastest way to clear up whatever issue has caused your name to be dropped from the list.

2. Bad addresses:

Our mailing service identified about 22 "bad addresses" that they said cannot be used in mailing out the journal. I have attached a spreadsheet with these addresses. Please open it and see if your address is one of the "bad 22" and if so, send corrections to Dave. The mail people say that a "bad address" might be bad because they "might not be
complete addresses, like the street number, suite number or office number is missing. Also there can be mistakes in the street names. These are flagged as bad because they don't comply or match a listing in the national database
to which the addresses are compared to."

So, check the address, if it is yours, and see if you can change it so it will comply with the correct postal entry for your location. Then send Dave the corrections.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Hadley
Research Assistant, The Graduate School
Ph.D. candidate, Technical Communication and Rhetoric
Texas Tech University
Editor, ATEG Journal