ATEG Archives

March 2008

From:
Linda Di Desidero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:36:08 -0400
At a recent (large) faculty meeting, one of the administrators ran a
'warm-up' activity. The idea was for faculty members to stand up,
introduce themselves, and talk about what they would be doing on a
Saturday morning if they were not attending this meeting.

I kept track: At least half of the speakers said "If I was not here"
while almost half said "If I were not here."  I was surprised, given
that this was an educated group of people and the speaking occasion was
not all that informal.

Oh, the things we find to interest ourselves!

Linda

Linda Di Desidero, Ph.D.

Associate Professor

Assistant Academic Director of Writing

Communication, Arts, and Humanities

University of Maryland University College

3501 University Boulevard East

Adelphi, MD  20783-8083

(240) 582-2830

(240) 582-2993 (fax)