ATEG Archives

June 2001

From:
Dan Phelan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 10:43:48 -0400
Demand:
A demand is an order.  For instance, a judge may give the order, "The court
demands that you give the information."  The mood in this case is
imperative/commanding.

Inquire:
To inquire is to ask or request.  Such as, "I would like to inquire on the
proper use of the word demand."  This would be a polite way to ask for help.
A student would inquire information from the teacher.   A teacher may demand
a student's homework.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dan Phelan