ATEG Archives

August 2004

From:
Linda Comerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:20:30 -0500
John and Len,

Okay, I read my messages out of order when I asked what was wrong with the test questions and can now see that the way the explanations were written is the problem.  I'm wondering where those answers occurred?  If this is a test, surely the students didn't see them, so who did?  Maybe the graders?  Maybe the students did as post-test explanations?  I guess I'm still confused.

I do stand behind my original point, however, that teaching the correct way to use semicolons is useful for students in school and the business world alike.

And I still find the nuances of punctuation fascinating!

Linda