ATEG Archives

June 2008

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:22:51 -0400
I've looked for information on the origin of the term, but haven't found any.  However, I too have always assumed that "root" in "root modal" had its common meaning of "source."  I suspect it's safe to go with it, at least until someone comes upon a better explanation.

Herb