ATEG Archives

April 2006

From:
"Myers, Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:25:14 -0400
Allison Rose wrote:

> I unfortunately still use that word, though I'm recovering nicely now
> that I'm moving towards grad school.
>
> My Latin teacher finds it extremely funny that, when listening to a
> girl talk on the elevator the other day, he counted
>
> - Seven (7) sentences,
> - Five (5) of which contained the word "like," and
> - Two (2) of which contained the word "like" more than once.
>
> Just figured I'd inject a little college humor. My downfall is the
> word "dude": "Dude, I saw that and I was, like, awesome!"
>
> - Allison
> interface at: http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/ateg.html and select

Allison,

I read a little newspaper story about a guy at the University of
Pittsburgh who had isolated the various uses of "dude." According to
him, "dude" could be used between a couple (male-female) if the two were
just friends. But neither would use "dude" if they were lovers.

True for you, dude?

Marshall