ATEG Archives

December 2000

From:
Gretchen Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:09:48 EST
In a message dated 12/21/2000 11:49:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< a perception of what grammar is that differs from that shared by
 most of us who teach grammar to teachers,

 an assumed body of research and of authorities on grammar that is
 different from what I have seen discussed elsewhere,

 a serious grappling with WHY one might teach grammar and, whatever
 one's reasons, how that question is related to WHAT one teach >>

Herb,

Can you explain what you see in the above that differs from what you'd have
expected?

I'll try to help from my end, but I'm not sure what it is that you are seeing.

Gretchen in San Jose