ATEG Archives

March 2006

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:28:46 -0500
Paul,
   If you think of ONE meaning of "unique" being "not typical" or
"unusual", then very is a natural intensifier. My Random House
Webster's College Dictionary uses very in one its examples. "She has a
very unique ability to inspire people."  It also lists four other
definitions that have singularity as a core meaning, and in those cases
very

Doesn't the 'each' automatically make the 'other' singular?