ATEG Archives

January 1999

From:
Michael Kischner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:01:54 -0800
First, thanks to Johanna for her shrewd and informed comments on
single-word modifiers.

Next, on the teaching of grammar:  breaking into sub-groups -- preferably
with very limited tasks -- dxoes seem the best way to get started on a
task which is  otherwise too daunting to make a start on.  And I agree
wholly with the idea of gteaching grammar "in conect": this may bne the
only answer to the teaching-grammar-is-useless-or-harmful school of NCTE
thought.