ATEG Archives

June 2008

Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 01:22:23 -0400
Diagrams are great.  Make the print large enough to read while walking by.
Use dark colors green, blue, black, red for your primary lines on your white
poster.  You cannot imagine how often I have passed a poster and stopped to
say "WTH" before going on without bothering to read.  Remember KISS in your
poster design: do not let a fine arts major anywhere near it: they are
killers.  Graphic arts majors are o.k. IF AND ONLY IF they believe that
the best presentation is the simplest.
Good luck!
Scott (who has seen a few excellent poster presentations, many good ones,
and too many atrocious ones.   I have seen presentations by doctoral
students to which I would give an "F" if they were one of my seventh
graders.
(I've taught 7-12 plus college and grad school)
Scott

Date:    Wed, 28 May 2008 08:42:52 -0500
From:    "Katz, Seth" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: How to do a poster

Dear Friends--

I have had a paper accepted as a poster for a conference in July--but I =
have never given a poster (as opposed to a talk--I'm plenty experienced =
with talking), and I am not exactly sure what should go on the poster. =
An abstract? I'm doing some conceptual blending analyses, so I could =
include some diagrams of those.  But what else?  All advice is welcome =
and appreciated.  You can respond off-list directly to me at =

Thanks!
Seth

Dr. Seth Katz=20
Assistant Professor
Department of English
Bradley University

To join or leave this LISTSERV list, please visit the list's web interface
at:

End of ATEG Digest - 26 May 2008 to 28 May 2008 (#2008-118)