ATEG Archives

December 2010

From:
Karl Hagen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2010 17:39:21 -0800
Pot, meet kettle. Everyone else on the list agrees with Eduard. For my
money, the real arrogance is in thinking that you are the only one who
knows the truth about the perfect.

Further, my discussion about the perfect with you was off the list, and
you have just misrepresented what I told you in private to the entire list.

For the record, I gave you a definition, and then I corrected your
imprecise paraphrase of my definition. I did not back away from it.

I should have known that you were too stupid to understand the distinction.

Also, I stand by my use of the perfect in my last message to the list.
It's Standard English, and the only thing you demonstrate by trying to
ridicule it is your complete ineptitude as a judge of English grammar.

Once again you have demonstrated why you deserve to be shunned, and I
deeply regret my folly in writing to you.

This will be my last message to you. I am adding you back to my idiot
filter.