ATEG Archives

June 2012

From:
Sharon Saylors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:27:13 -0400
Dear ATEG Listserv members,
   We are going to the Folger! We have finalized plans for a Friday-afternoon field trip to the Folger Theatre and Library as part of The Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar 23rd Annual Conference on July 27th. Our docent will talk about Shakespeare’s language in the Theatre, and we will then tour the library. The conference will begin at 8:30a.m. Friday in Community Room A of the Largo Student Center, Prince George’s Community College,Largo Maryland, and we will leave for Washington at 2:00p.m. Then we will reconvene on Saturday from 8:30-12. This year’s conference theme, “Occupy Grammar – Taking Our Rightful Place,” will be introduced by Amy Benjamin, keynote speaker. Other educators will present lively and practical ways to make grammar a part of writing and education in general.
   Please let me know if you are interested in attending the conference. We are still accepting proposals for presentations. I look forward to seeing you on July 27-28!
                Sincerely,
                Sherry Saylors, Conference Host