ATEG Archives

December 2006

From:
Larry Beason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:51:37 -0600
Okay, let me give the best 'worst excuse' I ever heard.  A student said
he had to stay home and console his girlfriend, whose cat committed
suicide.

Larry Beason

____________________________
Larry Beason, Associate Professor
Director of Composition
University of South Alabama
Mobile, AL 36688-0002
251-460-7861

>>> "Stahlke, Herbert F.W." <[log in to unmask]> 12/14/06 1:36 PM >>>
"Ammonia", in this usage, is a variety of eggcorn, a very interesting
sort of confusion between words and/or spellings.  If you'd like to
see
a lot of them and get some links to some fascinating discussion, try
http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/

Herb