ATEG Archives

November 2000

From:
"Glauner, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:44:48 -0600
Maureen,

You're on the right track now.  We need to develop our pedagogical grammar
using the best parts of contemporary learning theory (including multiple
intelligences).  That's one reason I want us to try to recruit elementary
teachers to ATEG.  They study pedagogy.  They can shed light on why grammar
teaching doesn't stick.  We know it would be good for every student to have
a grasp on the metalanguage of grammar.  Elementary teachers, whose job it
is to covey this metalanguage to children, might be able to help us find out
how to do it.  So how do we recruit them?

Jeff Glauner
Associate Professor of English
Park University, Box 1303
8700 River Park Drive