ATEG Archives

March 2008

From:
"Veit, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:35:41 -0400
Y'all up there on the frozen tundra may think y'all're special because y'all can say "we'uns" and we here in the balmy Southland can't say "we'all," but have you considered it may be because we like to avoid redundancy? What's more, we can say the possessive "y'all's sunburn." Up there can y'all say "you'uns' frostbite"?

Dick Veit in Wilmington, NC