ATEG Archives

September 2001

From:
Ken Bain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:29:59 -0500
Robert and Cheryl,

I hope only that we are wise and generous enough to begin to ask ourselves the
really important questions about the events of Tuesday:

What can we do to protect ourselves?
Why do some people hate our institutions of wealth and military might enough to
conduct a suicide mission against them?
What can we do to address and diminish that hatred and the horrible acts that flow
from it?

I want to believe that the American people are wise enough to begin to explore
these questions, to begin to explore calmly and rationally some of the historical
forces that might account for the rise of this kind of warfare directed at the
US.  Time will tell.

Take care and stay out of harm's way.