ATEG Archives

November 2006

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:50:18 -0500
   I am proud and delighted to help represent ATEG, with fellow ATEG
members Barbara Stanford, Cornelia Paraskevas, and Deborah
Rossen-Knill, at this week's NCTE conference in Nashville. Our panel,
"Standards, Assessment, Teacher Preparation, and Curricular Practices",
is scheduled for Friday (Session E04) from 4-5:15. We will talk about
the Scope and Sequence project as a work in progress and discuss why
and how standards, assessment, teacher training, and curriculum need to
change in order to be more in harmony with each other.
   We look at Scope and Sequence as an ATEG project, so please feel part
of it and join us on Friday. Give us your perspectives and your
feedback. Perhaps more importantly, let's help NCTE understand that
there is a pressing need for more thoughtful approaches to grammar,
including approaches that embrace knowledge rather than shy away from
it.
   If anyone is else is presenting, please let us know. Please introduce
yourself if we haven't already met. I look forward to meeting new
people and seeing old friends.

Craig