ATEG Archives

October 2005

From:
"Spruiell, William C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:14:09 -0400
Frequently people's stylistic choices have more than one motivation. In
addition to the ones posted, I would add that since the initial
prepositional phrase is serving primarily simply as a "locator"
expression, with the main statement following it (i.e., it's thematic,
but not focused in any particular way), using the full noun as subject
rather than in the prep. phrase places "weight" where it is needed.

Bill Spruiell