ATEG Archives

September 2004

From:
Linda Comerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:18:13 -0500
Gretchen,

What a fabulous exercise--for middle school students or
adults struggling to make connections among the confusing
aspects of our complicated language.  Thanks so much for
sharing it with us.  But I do have a few questions.

1.  Can you give us a few examples of which words you gave
your students as well as some example sentences they came up
with?  I'm guessing you had all 8 parts of speech
represented with the words you gave your students?

2.  You wrote that the words were color-coded.  Did they
have to figure out to to group up with others who had
similar parts of speech, or did they just just match colors?

3.  How many students did you have, and how long did the
exercise take?

If you don't mind, I like to try the exercise with my
workshop participants.  If that's okay with you, I'd
appreciate as many details as possible for maximum
effectiveness.  If you'd prefer to reply to me off-list,
that would be fine with me.

Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Linda Comerford
Comerford Consulting