ATEG Archives

December 2000

From:
Gretchen Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 20:41:05 EST
In a message dated 11/30/2000 7:41:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:<< How do we recruit elementary school teachers into
ATEG? >>

Paul,

Please don't misunderstand what I'm about to say, and I do realize that this
list serv is not ATEG, but what will you do with them once you get them?

You do have middle school and (at least one that I know of) elementary school
teachers as lurkers on this list.  When I asked for help this summer in
figuring out how to implement grammar in the classroom, six or seven other
lower grade teachers who "lurk" contacted me off list to say that they were
as confused as I.

What do you need us for?  How can we help?  I belong to NCTE and have
presented several times.  Do you need ATEG talked up on the list?  What do I
tell them about what/which/whose grammar to teach?  (BTW, NCTE has many lists
from elementary through middle to college. NCTE-talk is aimed at high school
teachers, although much of what comes through is applicable to middle school
classes.)

Thanks,
Gretchen in San Jose