ATEG Archives

March 1999

From:
Judy Diamondstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 14:00:02 -0000
I think Rebecca's idea is terrific:

>So, do you think there is a place for workbook style treatments of the
>top-X grammar issues relevant to particular grade spans? I would see such
>workbooks as pedagogical tools for school teachers, to help them concretely
>handle the most common issues/analyses that recur.

I agree that teachers will appreciate the concrete exemplification of
alternative pathways. They may also feel exasperated because the range of
options
can be confusing. But I am entirely comfortable with introducing such
discomforts.
We MUST start supporting teachers' intellectual work.
We certainly can't get anywhere without it.

Regards,

Judy

Judith Diamondstone  (732) 932-7496  Ext. 352
Graduate School of Education
10 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1183

Eternity is in love with the productions of time - Wm Blake