ATEG Archives

December 2006

From:
"Stahlke, Herbert F.W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:58:35 -0500
When I was teaching at Georgia State University, in the mid and late
70s, a grad student came to tell me her paper would be late.  She had
gotten home, out in the country, the previous day and had found their
St. Bernard dead on the den floor, and she had to remove the 185 lb. dog
before the kids got home.  She took it to the vet, who found fang marks
and determined that it had been bitten probably by a water moccasin.
The family had a pond on the back of the property, and the dog was
probably bitten there.

No way anyone could have made this one up.

Herb