ATEG Archives

March 2006

From:
"Hadley, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:54:51 -0600
Thanks, John. Evidently this is the case. I was told by our mailing service that 3-4 weeks was the norm, but I am going to have to speak to the Post Office about this to find out more. Evidently 6-7 weeks is closer to reality.

Speaking generally, another solution would be to prepare the issues earlier and mail them out earlier so they reach everyone when we want them to. In other words, mail out the Winter issue in December so it reaches everyone by the end of January. That is doable, now that I know what is happening with the mail.

So, I apologize to everyone for the slow mule-train delivery of your journals, and will try to speed things up a little by getting the next issue out a little sooner and allowing 6-7 weeks, instead of 3-4 weeks, for it to reach you. Then, before the next year's cycle begins in the fall, maybe we can have the deadlines advanced a little on the calendar so the delivery becomes a little more predictable.

You all are too nice--you should have complained sooner!

Tim

Tim Hadley
Research Assistant, The Graduate School
Ph.D. candidate, Technical Communication and Rhetoric
Texas Tech University
Editor, ATEG Journal