ATEG Archives

November 1997

From:
Stanley p Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 21:40:08 -0800
I am a student at the University of Louisville, in Louisville, Ky.  I am
currently enrolled in the Master of Arts in Teaching program.  In my
English Methods class we have been discussing several topics of great
importance.  We have been assigned to post some questions on a Listserv
and bring responses to class.  If you wouldn't mind responding to these
questions it would be greatly appreciated.

1.  What is your definition of literacy?
2.  What steps are being taken to encourage students to read?
3.  What is the most effective way of teaching grammar?
4.  How do you keep students engaged in your English classrooms?

Once again, thank you for taking your time to help me.  I look forward to
your responses.   Thank You
                                        Stan Hayes