ATEG Archives

September 2001

From:
Larry Beason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:16:32 -0500
The position
        is especially appropriate for people who have an MA emphasis in
        rhet/comp, but  last year I found that some ABD and  PhD's with
        a  r/c emphasis were  interested in a similar position with
        us.

I'll be glad to answer specific questions offlist, but I
        want to mention that this position does involve a good benefits
        package & does NOT have a limit on the number of years the
        person can stay with us.

FYI, we're located on the Gulf of
        Mexico with lots of warm weather, rivers, and trees with New
        Orleans & Pensacola only a short drive away.  We currently have
        5 faculty with an emphasis in rhet/comp out of a total of about
        20 faculty in the dept.

many thanks,

larry
        beason

Instructor: One full-time position
        (first-year composition & occasional literature survey).  4/4
        load; opportunities for summer teaching.  Starting date: August
        2002.

Required: MA in English or Rhetoric/Composition, but
        must have graduate-level emphasis in composition.  Experience
        or coursework in communication technology or in assessment.

Desirable: Experience with WAC or TESOL.

Screening
        begins Nov. 10, 2001, and continues until position is filled.
        Send vita, letter, and unofficial transcript of graduate degree
        to Larry Beason, Dept. of English, 240 Humanities, University
        of South Alabama, Mobile AL 36688.  Inquiries: 251-460-7861 or
        [log in to unmask]  AA/EEO/M/F/D

Dear Colleagues:
PLEASE pass along the ad below to anyone you know who might be interested =
& qualified.  I know this list isn't necessarily the normal place to run =
the ad, but I want to get the word out.  While we do not emphasize grammar =
in our comp courses, my hope is to find teachers who are not ashamed of =
teaching some grammar & usage  :-)

The position is especially appropriate for people who have an MA emphasis =
in rhet/comp, but  last year I found that some ABD and  PhD's with a  r/c =
emphasis were  interested in a similar position with us.

I'll be glad to answer specific questions offlist, but I want to mention =
that this position does involve a good benefits package & does NOT have a =
limit on the number of years the person can stay with us. =20

FYI, we're located on the Gulf of Mexico with lots of warm weather, =
rivers, and trees with New Orleans & Pensacola only a short drive away.  =
We currently have 5 faculty with an emphasis in rhet/comp out of a total =
of about 20 faculty in the dept.
  =20
many thanks,

larry beason

Instructor: One full-time position (first-year composition & occasional =
literature survey).  4/4 load; opportunities for summer teaching.  =
Starting date: August 2002.

Required: MA in English or Rhetoric/Composition, but must have graduate-lev=
el emphasis in composition.  Experience or coursework in communication =
technology or in assessment. =20

Desirable: Experience with WAC or TESOL.

Screening begins Nov. 10, 2001, and continues until position is filled.  =
Send vita, letter, and unofficial transcript of graduate degree to Larry =
Beason, Dept. of English, 240 Humanities, University of South Alabama, =
Mobile AL 36688.  Inquiries: 251-460-7861 or [log in to unmask] =
 AA/EEO/M/F/D=20