ATEG Archives

January 2008

From:
Ben Varner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:01:29 -0700
Hi, Bill--

Unfortunately, I won't have enough time to pose a question using
passive voice sentences.  The question-and-answer period will be
conducted with the other members of the search committee and
will last for about an hour, each of us asking scripted questions of
the candidates.

I agree that simply asking "What is the role of grammar in the
composition classroom?" will be perceived as a loaded question.

But what kinds of non-threatening questions could be asked that
would give me and the other members of the committee a good assessment
of the candidate's views on this matter?

Any suggestions are welcome.

         Ben Varner