ATEG Archives

June 2001

From:
Ben Potter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:29:21 -0500
Sophie,

For all of the talk about seeing things in and out of context, how can
you place judgment on this writing? Maybe the student had written:

        I'm a friendly guy, as most people can tell you. Maybe we've
been friends for 20 years. Maybe I've just met you. Either way, I won't
hesitate to strike up a conversation. It doesn't matter what we have in
common; we always will have something to talk about. I'll make sure of
it.

Also, authorial intent aside, some things are just plain wrong. The boy
with the blue cape. That is a sentence fragment, no matter what my
intent was.

Ben