ATEG Archives

August 2006

From:
Christine Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 07:18:37 -0400
Edmond, actually I dislike the word "whatever" for the reason you mention:
it dismisses a topic or debate.

I do understand, though, that many here are involved/interested in the
debate over noun-ness.

But I am weary of the topic.  I have been reading/following it for weeks
now--I think it's been going on for weeks.

Last week, I asked what people do in the first day of class, which for me is
today.  No one responded.  I would like to have heard from others, for, I
believe, the first class sets the tone for much of the semester.

I'm returning to my warm, dark, damp lurker hole.

Christine