ATEG Archives

February 2015

From:
Scott Catledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2015 01:03:29 +0000
I find the following wording very poor: the wording "The closure of the road and ports is due to...." avoids the awkward passive and copular verb.  Many of you may disagree with me but "due" will always an adjective to me--and that is what I have taught in English and ESOL composition for the last half century.
Scott  Catledge