ATEG Archives

September 2000

Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 08:22:02 +0000
Dear Siraisi Tomio,
According to knowledge that I got after taking Advanced
English Grammar class, I can say that first sentence is
more likely to be correct than the second one.
Subjunctive mood expresses an assumption and usually
expresses hypothetical situation. If I was you, I would
use in my writing the first version instead of second
one. But wait for other responses from professionals on
this server because I'm not sure that I can give you
good answer by studying English only for two years.