ATEG Archives

April 2009

From:
Bruce Despain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2009 15:23:14 -0600
Bill,

Thank you for the research and response.  "Hence" feels like an adverb parallel to "ago" in the phrase "three weeks hence." However, "notwithstanding" seems to have the best claim on the postposition category, my previous argument notwithstanding.  It seems to like being put either before or after its object, without a change in meaning.

Bruce