ATEG Archives

March 2015

From:
"Prof. Richard Grant WAU" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2015 14:42:49 -0400
Take heart, Karl--not all have forgotten. Here's a reference from an
Australian article referring to it as both 'middle voice' and 'ergative.'

http://www.adelaide.edu.au/english-for-uni/passive-voice/actives_passives_er
gatives_english_for_uni.pdf

I've skimmed through the article but need to run off to an appointment. It
should at least be food for thought.

Richard