ATEG Archives

November 1995

From:
EDWARD VAVRA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 13:54:12 -0500
     The last issue of Syntax in the Schools
included an article by Bill Robinson. In it,
among other things, he argued that
subordinate clauses do not usually contain
subordinate ideas, i.e., the main idea is not
usually in the main S/V. I'm responding to him
in the next issue, which is almost ready for
print, but I am interested in continuing the
discussion in future issues.
     You can snail mail comments/articles  to me
at the address below, or you can send them
over this list (or to me directly at
[log in to unmask]  We also need more
articles, comments etc. for the newsletter.
When it was almost impossible to publish
anything about grammar, a lot of people were
complaining that grammar was being given a
raw deal. But now that things are opening up, I
don't see very much being written. (I hope that
people are preparing things for the English
Journal special issue, but it shouldn't take all
that long to write something short for our
newsletter.)

 Mail articles to:
Ed Vavra, DIF 112
Pennsylvania College of Technology