ATEG Archives

November 2008

From:
DD Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:21:16 -0600
At 03:22 PM 11/26/2008, Wollin, Edith wrote: . . .Michael Kischner
and I have had many many students tell us that after doing our
grammar class, which includes diagramming and sentence combining with
a focus on syntax,  students report that they are much better readers
than they were before. . . .

DD: Buy and read Edith Wollin and Michael Kischner's "Writers'
Choices, Grammar to Improve Style." ISBN 015506374X. I just got my
copy and it is fascinating, valuable, entertaining, and as soon as I
go off the Internet, it is back to plunge in again. Well done, Mam,
and thank you, tugging my forelock. Well more like knuckling my
forehead, as male pattern baldness has struck. DD