ATEG Archives

June 2005

From:
Christine Reintjes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:30:45 +0000
Jean,

Good suggestion. It's amazing how g****** came to be a dirty word, isn't it.
It seems like a perfectly good word. It's true that a lot is lumped under
that word, which perhaps makes it overwhelming to students.

Here's an idea. I get frustrated when I hear people speak who can't seem to
use the word "woman". They really need to use "girl, lady, gal, etc) I
jokingly call it the W-word. Maybe we should refer to the G-word. ;-)

--

Christine Reintjes Martin