ATEG Archives

August 2001

From:
Geoff Layton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:39:48 -0500
Thanks for the new line!  My repertoire was getting old!

In fact, I recall one highly entertaining example of this line on an old
episode of the Lou Grant Show when one of the reporters was assigned to
interview (those who are "appalled" at non-pc language tune out now) skid
row bums.  He tried to escape the assignment by telling Mr. Grant that his
father was one of these unfortunates and that doing the interview would
create unpleasant feelings.  The crusty editor's response was:  "That's why
it's called work."

Or, when I was running my own business and my employees complained, I
reminded them that if they were enjoying themselves then they'd be paying me!

Geoff