ATEG Archives

December 1997

From:
Jim Dubinsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:50:35 -0500
This message  was originally submitted by  [log in to unmask] to the ATEG
list

From Bill Murdick:

Ed V. asked where I teach.

For anyone interested, I teach at California University of
Pennsylvania, one of 14 state system universities (we also
have an Indiana University of PA in the system). We have about
7, 000 students and offer M.A. degrees but no Ph.D.'s at the
moment. Our English programs offer undergrad degrees in Eng Ed.,
literature, and professional writing (journalism, creative writing,
technical writing). Our grad program in English offers degrees
in literature and English Eduation (a lot of rhetoric and linguistics).

I teach composition, business writing, and, on the graduate
and undergraduate levels,  English education courses. I have a
B.A. in English from SUNY Albany, an MFA in Creative Writing
from the U of Iowa workshop, and a Ph.D. in Rhetoric and
Linguistics from Indiana U of PA. I have published a number of
articles in a computer magazine and in scholarly journals, as
well as a book on word processing (long ago, on Kaypro computers).
Houghton Mifflin is publishing a business writing text I have
written for their English Essentials series. It is a comprehensive
text (28 chapters), intended to serve as the only text necessary for a
college-level first course in business writing. It will sell for
under $12.00.  I wrote the book originally for use in my own
classes when the price of the text I had been using rose
to over $60.00.