ATEG Archives

February 2001

From:
Reinhold Schlieper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:05:08 -0500
I concur, Rebecca.  I used Max's book last semester when I taught the
first grammar class at my technically oriented school in decades.  I had
a small class of computer-science majors and technically oriented
students who told me that this class was the first positive experience
they had of "English."  The book avoids some of the niceties of
distinctions and draws the major concepts with a coarse brush, precisely
the kind of thing needed for novices in grammar.

==Best, Reinhold