ATEG Archives

July 2001

From:
"Haussamen, Brock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 16:52:23 -0400
Helene,
    Thank you.  Feel free to use my comments.  As for Paul's point about
the positive, almost joyful tone underlying the final comments, I think
the grammatical aspects may well play a part.  All his statements are
active and, except for "hate," the verbs are quite positive and dynamic:
bucked, thought, started, gone and done.  "I" is the subject of all the
clauses.  None of the sentence subjects are outside forces that are to
blame for ruining his life; he seems to accept the responsibility for
the way the years have gone.

Brock