ATEG Archives

March 2015

From:
Scott Catledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2015 01:20:27 +0000
I disagree with Professor Young in her "Hats off to eighth-grade teachers who introduce this topic."  I seriously doubt that Mensa-quality eighth graders would have sufficient background to tackle "middle passives."  I was reared by two grammarians, including a Greek scholar and I did not encounter the topic until grade 10--and I attended WPHS (either the top--or tied for the top in FL HS by P.K. Younge).  We had six merit scholars out of 142 graduates.
Scott Catledge, PhD/STD, professor emeritus retired