ATEG Archives

December 2006

From:
"Stahlke, Herbert F.W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 17:59:50 -0500
I think it's an analogical change.  Desiderative verbs, like the ones Richard listed, generally take infinitival complements.  Demand is the unusual desiderative that doesn't, and so it's not surprising to find this usage spreading.

Herb