ATEG Archives

November 2011

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:45:49 -0800
I think I would side with Dick Veit on this one - not even sure how I would have
written it myself. I doubt I would have written "As were," however. Just one
fussy note, though - it's Mary Shelley, not Shelly.

Smiles and a happy Thanksgiving to all.

Paul the fuss-pot
 "If this were play'd upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable
fiction" (_Twelfth Night_ 3.4.127-128).

From: Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar
[mailto:ATEG@LISTSERV