ATEG Archives

December 1997

From:
Jim Dubinsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:00:21 -0500
-->THIS MESSAGE WAS SUBMITTED BY ERIC CRUMP, NCTE,
[log in to unmask] to the ATEG
list at MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU in response to a message originally submitted
 by [log in to unmask]  to the ATEG

-->NCTE-Talk related to grammar, many repeating the
-->old anti-grammar stuff. I tried to reply, but from what I
-->can tell, my replies have not made it to the list. (Are
-->they being blocked?)

Just a bit of clarification: No messages to NCTE-talk are blocked because
of content. It's an open, unmoderated list.

however, you *do* have to be subscribed to the list in order to have your
notes get delivered (an anti-spam measure), so maybe that's the problem?
It's possible to receive mail but be unable to post if there's any
discrepancy between the address you're subscribed with and the address
your mail comes from, and such discrepancies are not uncommon.

There are other possibilities, of course. As reliable as email is these
days there are still plenty of things that can and do go wrong & mail goes
astray.

Just didn't want anybody to suspect that the prevailing attitude on
NCTE-talk toward teaching grammar has anything to do with mail
(non)delivery. It doesn't.

--Eric Crump
  NCTE listguy