ATEG Archives

May 2008

From:
Linda Di Desidero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 07:18:14 -0400
I imagine that -ly ending for modifiers derives from the Germanic --lich or the English --like. I'll bet that Herb or Bill can provide a more detailed answer.

Linda

Linda Di Desidero, Ph.D.
Acting Director, Communication Studies & Professional Writing
University of Maryland University College
3501 University Boulevard, East
Adelphi, MD 20783