ATEG Archives

September 2010

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F.W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 22:05:00 -0400
Bill,

Thanks for the link. I'm not surprised that counterexamples exist.  The grammaticalization of "want to" to "wanna" suggests that this would happen.  I'm sort of relieved to find that it does.  I can't say that I've heard such sentences myself, but I also may not have been listening for them.

Herb